Sunday, October 25, 2009

Martha Oldham "Facebook" Oct 25, 2009 LM_NET

My school has a "no public access" policy...or at least that's what I call it. None of the schools have Web pages and no LMC pages are accessible and teachers are not supposed to have class Websites. One of my colleagues has a wiki anyway where he posts class news updates, lesson plans, assignments and communicates with any parents who have Internet access. It is not a place where students can interact with him nor does he post student work. I am wondering if having a "teacher" Facebook page would really be a problem. Student comments will have to stay on topic and follow school expectations. If parents allow their students to have a FB page in the first place, adding a page to remind them of homework assignments should not be a problem. My big question is do I ask for permission first or potentially ask for forgiveness later?

No comments:

Post a Comment