Friday, September 25, 2009

The Best Time to be a Librarian???

Joyce Valenza wrote this article about how great it is to be librarian in our information/interaction-rich society. I am often torn when I think about leaving my classroom for the library (a much larger classroom). I get excited about the possibilities and I am energized by all the resources and skills I learn in my classes. On the other hand I get overwhelmed and anxious when I see how much is demanded of teacher-librarians and how many jobs are getting cut every year. I like to see that it is possible to make the job relevent and enoyable at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. The difference that technology made in my career in starting with a "traditional" library and the movement to technology-rich was phenomenal. It has to be even more exciting today -- if -- you have the staff and the budget.

    ReplyDelete